French Fries loaded with Pulled Pork, melted cheese and BBQ Sauce. Inspired by Animal Kingdom’s Flame Tree BBQ. Enjoy a Disney style iconic eat at home!
Flame Tree Pulled Pork Loaded Fries
Hands down one of my favourite snack credits at Animal Kingdom, the pulled pork loaded fries at Flame Tree are INSANE. On the final day of our Disneymoon in 2019, my husband and I raced to Discovery Island for one last snack there before our flight home.
What’s not to love? Crispy french fries. Gooey melted cheese. Smoky pulled pork. Sweet and sticky BBQ sauce. You can share a portion between two for a snack or enjoy them all to yourself as a (treat) meal.
Pulled Pork & BBQ Sauce Recipes
To create this dish, you can use your favourite pulled pork recipe, but I highly recommend my Coca-Cola Pulled Pork with Flame Tree Rub. It was quite literally made to be used for this recipe.
I also have an excellent (and easy) copycat recipe for Flame Tree BBQ Sauce – it’s so perfect for dipping your french fries in.
You can use cheese sauce for this recipe if you want to be really authentic. But personally, when making these fries at home I prefer to use grated cheddar. It melts perfectly when oven baked. And between making pulled pork and homemade BBQ sauce, making my own cheese sauce is just one step too many.
You can swap out the cheddar for your favourite kind of melty cheese – or even a mix if you are feeling extra! Just please don’t use pre-shredded cheese – it typically has a starchy coating to prevent sticking which can affect how well it melts.
How to Prepare Flame Tree Style Loaded Fries
First, prepare your pulled pork – use my Coca-Cola Pulled Pork Recipe unless you already have a firm favourite. You can make the pork a day ahead and just reheat to serve.
Cook your french fries according to the packet instructions – in the oven or fryer, whatever you prefer.
Place the cooked fries in an oven-safe dish, then top with a generous helping of pulled pork. (I use the smallest from this set*)
Cover in grated cheddar or cheese sauce then bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
Top with lashings of BBQ Sauce and some diced green peppers, jalapeños or spring onion for a nice little crunch.
I hope this recipe helps you bring a little Disney Magic home with you! Please leave me a comment if you try it, or tag me on Instagram @magicaleats_ – I would love to see your photos!
Got a favourite Disney Dish you’d love to see me recreate? Please get in touch!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Flame Tree Style Baked Mac & Cheese with Pulled Pork
- Loaded Ranch Fries – Disney Plaza Style
- Chicken Fried Rice Yak & Yeti Style
Pulled Pork Loaded Fries – Flame Tree BBQ Style
- Oven Safe Dish
- 250 grams French Fries 0.5 lbs
- 100 grams Pre Prepared Pulled Pork (link in notes) 3.5 oz / ½ cup
- 75 grams Cheddar Cheese, grated (or cheese sauce) 2.6 oz / ¾ cup
- BBQ Sauce (link in notes) To serve
- Diced green pepper or jalapeno To serve
- Preheat the oven to 220c/200fan/gas6/425f.
- Cook the fries according to package instructions, either by frying or in the preheated oven.
- Reheat the pulled pork in the microwave if necessary.
- When the fries are cooked, season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the fries in a small oven-safe dish. Top with the pulled pork then cover with the grated cheese or cheese sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with BBQ sauce and diced green pepper or jalapeno.