Loaded Ranch Fries – Disney Plaza Style are inspired by the cult snack from the Plaza Restaurant at the Magic Kingdom. Crispy french fries loaded with melted cheese, lettuce, tomato, crispy bacon and creamy Ranch dressing.
I LOVE anything Ranch. Seriously. It’s so good as a salad dressing, a dip for chips or crudités, spread on a sandwich or burger. That tangy, garlicky, herby combination of flavours kicks almost any dish up a notch.
Loaded Ranch Fries
The first time I saw this dish on a Disney Food Blog video, I knew I had to try it. It’s a combination of some of my favourite things. Creamy, tangy Ranch dressing. Crispy French Fries. Salty bacon bites. Sweet chopped tomatoes. And, of course, gooey melted cheese.
Inspired by The Plaza Restaurant
These loaded fries were originally called Figaro Fries and were served at Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland. I was never lucky enough to try them there, and I believe they were taken off the menu sometime around 2010. A cult classic, the dish was then recreated at The Plaza Restaurant on Main Street.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
I used my own Homemade Ranch Dressing, included in this recipe. If you wish, you could use store-bought Ranch BUT it’s so quick easy to make at home, I do urge you to try! Homemade is always best, right?!
You can whip up the Ranch dressing in the time it takes for the fries to cook. My recipe makes just over half a cup, and I like to drizzle half over the fries and save the rest for dipping.
My Cripsy Bacon Hack
This is the BEST way to cook delicious crispy bacon. All you need to do is line a baking tray with baking or parchment paper. Lay out your strips of streaky bacon evenly on the tray (this won’t work with back bacon rashers). Then place the tray in the middle of a COLD oven, turn the heat to 200c/180fan/400f/gas 6 and cook the bacon for about 20 minutes. That’s it! Perfect crispy bacon every time.
Great idea! This would be delicious with any kind of tortilla or potato chip! I’m thinking about trying it out with Ranch flavour Lays or some Cool Doritos!
Yes! Any kind of potato would be perfect. This would also make a great filling for baked potatoes.
You sure can, though my Ranch recipe is so quick and easy, I really recommend it.
Yes! The original recipe actually uses cheese sauce. I prefer to use cheddar cheese melted under the grill rather than making a cheese sauce, but if you have some to hand then go for it!
I hope this recipe helps you bring a little Disney Magic home with you! Please leave me a comment if you try it, or tag me on Instagram @magicaleats_ – I would love to see your photos!
Got a favourite Disney Dish you’d love to see me recreate? Please get in touch!
Other Recipes you Might Enjoy:
- Bacon Mac & Cheese Hot Dogs – Casey’s Corner Style
- Corn Dog Nuggets – Casey’s Corner Style
- Loaded Buffalo Chicken Chips with Blue Cheese – Dinoland USA
- Pulled Pork Loaded Fries – Flame Tree Style
- Baked Mac & Cheese with Pulled Pork
Loaded Ranch Fries – Disney Plaza Style
- 400 grams Frozen French Fries 14 oz
- 75 grams Cheddar Cheese, grated/shredded ¾ cup
- 50 grams Lettuce, finely sliced ⅔ cup
- 100 grams Tomato, diced ½ cup
- 4 Rashers Bacon, cooked till crispy* and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise ¼ cup
- 4 tbsp Greek Yoghurt or Whole Milk ¼ cup
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider or White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley or 1 tbsp Fresh
- 1 tsp Dried Dill or 1 tbsp Fresh
- 1 tsp Dried Chives or 1 tbsp Fresh
- ½ tsp Garlic Granules
- ½ tsp Onion Granules
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook your French Fries according to packet instructions. I prefer to oven cook but you can fry them or use an Air Fryer to your preference.
- Meanwhile, make the Ranch Dressing. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat your grill or broiler to medium-high.
- When the fries are cooked, season them with a little salt.
- Lay the fries on a baking sheet or grill-safe serving platter. Sprinkle over the cheese and place under the grill/broiler for 3-5 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Arrange the finely sliced lettuce and diced tomatoes over the fries.
- Scatter over the chopped crispy bacon and drizzle with half the Ranch Dressing.
- Serve with the rest of the Ranch, plus any of your favourite dipping sauces.