Potato chips LOADED with Buffalo Chicken, tomato, celery and rocket, slathered in a cool, creamy Blue Cheese dressing. Inspired by the dish from Trilo-Bites in Disney’s Animal Kingdom – get your Disney snack fix at home!
An Animal Kingdom Inspired Snack
Animal Kingdom has to be my favourite of the Disney Theme Parks. It’s just SO beautiful and I always discover something new each time I visit. It has arguably two of the best rides in WDW as well – Flight of Passage and Expedition Everest! The food is pretty amazing too, there are so many iconic snacks and drinks to choose from.
These Buffalo Chicken Chips with Blue Cheese are inspired by a snack from Trilo-Bites – a little kiosk in Dinoland USA. They go equally well with a creamy milkshake or an ice-cold beer!
Loaded Potato Chips
Can you name a better combo than spicy Buffalo Chicken and Blue Cheese? Add in some tangy celery, sweet tomato and peppery rocket (arugula) and this is the perfect plate.
I like to use Sea Salt Kettle Chips but you can use your favourite flavour or brand of potato chips. I think Sour Cream or Barbecue flavour would be delicious!
Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
You can use shop-bought Blue Cheese dressing if you wish, but making your own at home is super easy and so delicious.
Simply mix together some mayonnaise, greek yoghurt (or sour cream), milk, some garlic and dried herbs, then crumble in your favourite blue cheese. I like to make up the dressing a few hours in advance, as the flavours really come together after being left to meld.
This recipe makes more dressing than you will need for a portion of loaded chips, but luckily it keeps well in the fridge for up to five days. I LOVE it as a dip for carrot sticks (or just more potato chips tbh).
I hope this recipe helps you bring a little Disney Magic home with you! Please leave me a comment if you try it, or tag me on Instagram @magicaleats_ – I would love to see your photos!
Got a favourite Disney Dish you’d love to see me recreate? Please get in touch!
Other Disney Inspired Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Loaded Ranch Fries – Disney Plaza Style
- Pulled Pork Loaded Fries – Flame Tree BBQ Style
- Bacon Mac & Cheese Hot Dogs – Casey’s Corner Style
- Corn Dog Nuggets – Casey’s Corner Style
Loaded Buffalo Chicken Chips with Blue Cheese Dressing
For the Buffalo Chicken
- 1 cup Shredded cooked chicken* 150 grams/about 1 chicken breast
- ¼ cup Hot Sauce (I like to use Frank's) 4 tbsp
- ¼ tsp Garlic Granules
- ¼ tsp Onion Granules
- ¼ tsp Dried Parsley
- ¼ tsp Dried Dill
- ¼ tsp Dried Chives
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
For the Blue Cheese Dressing
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise 4 tbsp
- ¼ cup Greek Yoghurt (or Sour Cream) 4 tbsp
- ¼ cup Crumbled Blue Cheese (I used Gorgonzola) 40g
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chives
- ½ tsp Garlic Granules
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Black Pepper to Taste
- 100 grams Kettle Chips or similar 3.5 oz
- 1 large handful rocket/arugula
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1-2 tbsp Crumbled Blue Cheese optional
- Diced Chives optional
Blue Cheese Dressing
- To make the blue cheese dressing simply combine all the ingredients in a small bowl or jar and mix well. I like to 'mash' the blue cheese with the back of a spoon to combine it more with the liquids.
- Cover and refrigerate the dressing for at least 2 hours before serving. The dressing will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To make the Buffalo Chicken, mix the shredded chicken with your preferred Hot Sauce and the seasonings. See notes for cooking if you are using fresh chicken breast.
- If you have it, you can swap the seasoning mix for 1.5 teaspoons of pre-mixed Ranch seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste. Feel free to also adjust the amount of hot sauce to your preferred taste/desired sauciness.
- Lay your potato chips on a plate or serving dish and top with the Buffalo Chicken – spread it out evenly across the chips.
- Top with the rocket/arugula and scatter over the diced tomato and celery. Add some extra Blue Cheese crumbles if you wish.
- Make sure you give the Blue Cheese Dressing a good mix then drizzle all over the loaded chips. You probably won't need to use all the dressing, so make sure you serve some on the side for more dipping!
- Top with some chopped chives and dig in!
Leave a Reply